- 02December 2, 2018No events
- 03December 3, 2018Flathead Valley Community College, Early Childhood Center (FVCC ECC)https://www.mtecp.org/registry/register.aspx?evid=507042715 Grandview Dr, Kalispell, MT 59901, USA
This training focuses on the top of the Pyramid which is reserved for the very few young children who demonstrate behavior that does not improve over time, on their own, or with the typical level of care and support provided. The training provides a process for resolving serious challenging behaviors and providing support for infants, toddlers, and preschool age children. Time will be spent working on how to develop a systematic approach to address challenging behaviors that has not responded to promotion and prevention efforts. The goal is to address the distress of young children and to intervene before the behavior becomes entrenched for the child and seriously impacts the family, the early care and education setting, and the child’s relationships.
Prerequisites: Introduction to Pyramid Model (on childcaretraining.org), Pyramid Module 1, Pyramid Module 2
- 04December 4, 2018Carriage Househttps://www.mtecp.org/registry/register.aspx?evid=506993133 3rd Ave W, Kalispell, MT 59901, USA
Participants will identify and practice implementing age & content appropriate art activities. The content will be based on the Montana Early Learning Standards. This course will be a two-part series with a component of implementation between classes.
- 05December 5, 2018Flathead Valley Community College, Early Childhood Center (FVCC ECC)https://www.mtecp.org/registry/register.aspx?evid=507226715 Grandview Dr, Kalispell, MT 59901, USAInfants and toddlers are hard-wired for learning and exploring the world around them. As teachers, it is our responsibility to plan for learning experiences through environmental design. In this mini-series, participants will recreate a section of their environment plan and will utilize their designed learning activities to facilitate a more user-friendly environment for the infants and toddlers in their care.Cost: $48
- 06December 6, 2018No events
- 07December 7, 2018No events
- 08December 8, 2018