- 28April 28, 2019No events
- 29April 29, 2019No events
- 30April 30, 2019https://www.mtecp.org/registry/register.aspx?evid=507943
In order for children to experience enhanced learning it is important for infant, toddler, and preschool staff members to have an understanding of attachment theory. The goal of the COS-C approach is to make the theory of attachment accessible to early educators.
The ten-hour curriculum designed for parents works equally well for teaching child care providers about attachment offering an understanding of the:
• Reciprocal relationship between attachment and exploratory systems;
• Secure, insecure and disorganized attachment;
• The need to move from behavioral approaches to seeing problem behaviors as communication regarding attachment needs;
• How to respond sensitively to children’s cues that indicate their attachment needs and understand miscues as insecure strategies that children use to hide their needs;
• Ways for adults to manage their own defensiveness around certain attachment needs.
Another component of COS-C is to help teachers assess their relationships with specific children and develop a plan to enhance the security of the relationship when needed (Zero to Three, 2017).
- 01May 1, 2019No events
- 02May 2, 2019No events
- 03May 3, 2019No events
- 04May 4, 2019