- 26January 26, 2020No events
- 27January 27, 2020Fun and Fancy Free Learning Center Toohttps://nurturingcenter.org/event/pyramid-model-montana-blended-module-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/1 14th Ave W, Polson, MT 59860, USA
This course will explore the second level of the Pyramid Model aimed at preventing challenging behavior. In Module 1 we learned about the importance of building positive relationships and designing supportive environments. This Module builds on what was learned in Module 1 by learning effective strategies, ideas and resources to teach children friendship skills, emotional literacy, development of empathy, impulse control and problem solving. Prerequisites: Introduction to the Pyramid Model (on childcaretraining.org) and Pyramid Module 1.
- 28January 28, 2020No events
- 29January 29, 2020No events
- 30January 30, 2020Flathead Valley Community College, Early Childhood Center (FVCC ECC)https://www.mtecp.org/registry/register.aspx?evid=509862715 Grandview Dr, Kalispell, MT 59901, USA
In order for children to experience enhanced learning it is important for infant, toddler, and preschool staff members to have an understanding of attachment theory. The goal of the COS-C approach is to make the theory of attachment accessible to early educators.
The ten-hour curriculum designed for parents works equally well for teaching child care providers about attachment offering an understanding of the:
• Reciprocal relationship between attachment and exploratory systems;
• Secure, insecure and disorganized attachment;
• The need to move from behavioral approaches to seeing problem behaviors as communication regarding attachment needs;
• How to respond sensitively to children’s cues that indicate their attachment needs and understand miscues as insecure strategies that children use to hide their needs;
• Ways for adults to manage their own defensiveness around certain attachment needs.
Another component of COS-C is to help teachers assess their relationships with specific children and develop a plan to enhance the security of the relationship when needed (Zero to Three, 2017).
- 31January 31, 2020No events
- 01February 1, 2020No events