CARES Act Grants
Emergency Housing Assistance Program The Emergency Housing Assistance Program serves eligible Montanan families, who because of the COVID-19 emergency or the response to that emergency, have suffered substantial financial hardship and lack sufficient income or resources to pay housing costs.
- The program can pay the difference between 30% of the household’s reduced gross monthly income due to COVID-19 impact, and their eligible housing assistance costs (monthly rent or mortgage payment plus monthly hazard insurance, if applicable and not paid directly by mortgage servicer), up to $2,000/month.
- A housing assistance calculator is available on our https://housing.mt.gov/Rental-Housing/CovidHousingAssist
- The program can currently assist eligible households with housing costs from April through September 2020.
Total funding available is $50 million. A comprehensive information resource and application portal is available at COVIDRelief.mt.gov.
In-Home Grants for Families
The COVID-19 Pandemic has created unique challenges for Montana’s families who are working to balance returning to the workforce with childcare and support needs. The scholarship is available for families with children aged 0-18. The scholarship aims to provide opportunity for families that include children or family members with special needs which may include health or safety needs requiring in-home care. This may also include foster families and kinship families with unique in-home needs.
Special Circumstances might include, but are not limited to:
- Compromised health of a household member.
- Children with special needs who are not able to be in school under these conditions or how need additional support with remote learning.
- Foster families, kinship families needing respite or extra in home, remote learning support.
- No group care available in rural area.
- Unique work schedules
Just because there is no ‘in person school’ is not necessarily a special circumstance. The intent of the scholarship is to provide a solution for those unique, special circumstances that cannot be served under the school or traditional child care/school age care model.
These funds cannot be used to support attendance at child care facilities.
Download and complete the application here. Return the application by mail, fax 406-756-1410 by mail 322 2nd Ave West, Suite C Kalispell or use our drop box located at 322 2nd Ave West, Kalispell.